Check out the calendar for the availability of www.machupicchu.gob.pe each day.
How do I check the availability of Machu Picchu tickets Online?
Do you want to get assistance to purcahse Machu Picchu Tickets for 2022 – 2023?
Book your tickets with SAM Travel www.samtravelperu.com or Orange Nation www.orange-nation.com and secure your ticket before anyone else. With these professional licensed tourist agencies you can book your Machu Picchu entrance ticket in less than 24 hours and know for sure you have valid tickets. Choosing the best tickets of you is complicated and be aware that some foreign credit cards do not work on the government site. Travel agencies have Paypal and you can use almost all credit cards. Also, you can check the availability for Machu Picchu Citadel, Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain.
Tickets for Machu Picchu Citadel onlyNow there are four new circuits to choose from in order to visit the archaelogical center of Machu Picchu. Tourists can stay up to 4 hours from the moment of entry.
Depending on the number of circuit tickets bought for Machu Picchu, you are assured a complete excursion to its beautiful landscape, its flora, fauna and its more than 150 archaeological remains. It is the most commonly chosen way to visit this 7th New Wonder of the World .
Ticket for Machu Picchu and 2nd Ticket Huayna PicchuIn order to climb Huayna Picchu, you need to purchase 2 tickets into Machu Picchu. One ticket to explore the Citadel and the other to climb Huayna Picchu (ticket includes circuit #3) This ticket allows you to stay up to 4 hours from the moment of admission.
You need to book Huayna Picchu Mountain at least 2 to 3 months in advance. Entry is permitted at every hour from 7:00am to 10:00am
This combination is the most popular at this UNESCO World Heritage site. It allows you to enter Machu Picchu and also hike the incredible Huayna Picchu. The climb to its summit is known as one of the most scenic short walks in the world. On its slopes you can visit the unique Inca construction inside a cave: The Temple of the Moon.
Machu Picchu MountainThe ticket to climb Machu Picchu Mountain starts at the Guardhouse (viewpoint). From here you get the most amazing panaromic views of Machu Picchu. The hike usually takes around 3 hours.
Note: Ticket doesn´t include entrance into the citedal, its only valid for the mountain climb.
You need to book Machu Picchu Mountain at least a month in advance. Entry is only permitted at 7:00am and 8:00am.
This is the perfect alternative if Huayna Picchu is sold out. It allows you to visit the Guardhouse and, in addition, ascend to the top of Machu Picchu mountain. From the summit, you have an incredible view down onto the Machu Picchu citadel with the scenic Huayna Picchu behind it. This is where most postcard photos are taken! Be aware that this is a 3 to 4 hour round trip trek.
- Since July 2022, tickets for Machu Picchu have been limited to 4,000 visitors per day.
- This measure seeks to improve the preservation of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- As of 2022, entrance tickets to Machu Picchu Citadel are scheduled is at every hour from 06:00am to 14:00pm. The site closes at 5:30pm.
- The time reflected on your ticket is strictly adhered to. You have to be on time.
- Tickets for Machu Picchu are non-transferrable (they cannot be transferred to someone else).
- To be sure you have tickets it is best to book them with a professional tourist agency or purchase locally at the government office. Purchasing online at the government website can be risky, if your credit card does not go through you may not be notified that you do not have a ticket.
- Don´t assume that tickets will be available! A large number of tickets can be sold out in a few minutes. Make your reservation early!
- Keep in mind that at the same time you see online availability, many agencies and people in different parts of the world are reserving those spaces.
- Some agencies buy Machu Picchu tickets for large groups; so it would not be strange that in the course of 10 minutes over 40 spaces are taken.
- The Huayna Picchu ticket must be booked at least 2 to 3 months in advance. In the rainy season, tickets might be available just a couple weeks before, but from May through September, which is high season, tickets move rapidly.
- Although it is rare, there are cases in which a reservation is canceled due to lack of payment within the alloted time. In those cases, the tickets will be made available again.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu are non-transferrable (they cannot be transferred to someone else).
- As a measure of protection and conservation, only a limited number of visitors per day can access Machu Picchu and its two mountains.
- The entrance time to the Inca city depends on the type of ticket purchased. The schedule of the groups must be taken into account, according to the type of ticket they possess.
- The trail that leads to the top of Huayna Picchu is very narrow. That is one reason why, for security reasons, the entry is restricted to only 400 visitors per day.
- The Machu Picchu Mountain trail is wider but steeper and longer than the Huayna Picchu. Only 800 people per day are allowed to enter. It takes 3 to 4 hours round trip to trek.
In general, during the tourist low season (from November to March):
- Machu Picchu ticket only: A month in advance
- Machu Picchu ticket and Huayna Picchu: 2 months in advance
- Machu Picchu Mountain ticket: A month in advance
During the high season of tourism (from April to October):
- Machu Picchu ticket only: 1 month in advance
- Machu Picchu Ticket + Huayna Picchu: 3 months in advance
- Machu Picchu Mountain ticket: 1 month in advance
- If you want to visit Machu Picchu, don´t waste time! Book now and secure your entry to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- The demand for tickets to Machu Picchu goes up every year. This allows the government to also raise the prices of the entrance tickets.
- Every year, it gets more difficult to enter Machu Picchu. Do not miss the opportunity to visit the magical city of Machu Picchu or the amazing mountain of Huayna Picchu!
- If you have found available tickets for your date, book immediately either at the government website www.machupicchu.gob.pe or professional tourist companies such as www.SAM Travel.com or Orange-nation.com! They will help you through all of the hoops to book.
- Discount for minors
Children under 7 years get in free. However, you must still reserve their ticket. Children of any age are not allowed to enter without a ticket! Children from 7 to 17 years old also get a discount. To do this they must send a copy of their passport.
- Discount for students
Students who have a university card (ISIC) can access a discount on the price of tickets to Machu Picchu. According to government regulations, University ID cards must show their full names and a recent photo of the student, along with an expiration date for that academic year. They must send a digital copy of the current university card.
- Discount for CAN members
People belonging to the Andean Community of Nations (CAN): Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia have a discount on the price of Machu Picchu ticket.
Machu Picchu is open all year round. Admission is Monday through Sunday, including holidays from 6am to 5:30pm.
Yes, the availability of the Ticket Machu Picchu shown here is official and updated automatically in real time. The numbers are official statistics of the Ministry of Culture of Peru. Remember the availability can change in minutes if large groups of tickets are purchased together.
When buying tickets in the city of Cusco, a few days before your visit to Machu Picchu, you run the risk of them being sold out. In the case of a ticket to Machu Picchu and an additional ticket for Huayna Picchu, it´s impossible to get tickets a few days in advance. Reservations are absulutely essential for Huayna Picchu and must be made online at least 3 months in advance. Best purchased with a professional tour agency.
If you find availability, proceed with the reservation in 3 simple steps:
1. Fill in your personal information on the booking form.
2. Send your documentation through an email and make the respective payment for your Machu Picchu ticket.
3. Keep an eye out for your Machu Picchu Ticket in your email. Print it and go!
4. Be sure to verify that the purchase of your tickets cleared your credit card company. They will be cancelled by the government if the payment does not clear.
Today, booking online ensures you a ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel. However, this reservation must be made in advance. It is recommended to book tickets at least 1 month in advancein high season. For the Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu ticket, 3 months in advance.
Sometimes, it is possible to buy a ticket at the last minute. The minimum time to make the reservation online is 3 days with the exception of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu (3 months before). Do not count on it because in high season the tickets book out fast.
Yes! Children under 7 do need to look for availability, even though they do not pay entrance. They must show an identity document to prove their age.
Unfortunately, Huayna Picchu tickets sell out the fastest. Nothing can be done if there is no longer availability. It is recommended to book the ticket at least 3 months in advance.
The reservation of tickets for the following year is enabled only in early December. However, it is possible to reserve Machu Picchu tickets ahead. In such cases, the tickets will be sent to your email in December. This is due to the logistics established by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
High season is when we have the most tourists in Cusco and Machu Picchu. It runs from April to October. During these days, it is difficult to get tickets for Machu Picchu. That is why reservations must be made 1 month in advance (4 months for the Huayna Picchu Ticket). The low season runs from November to March. In these months it´s less difficult to find availability. The reservation must be made at least 1 week in advance (2 months for Huayna Picchu).
The Inca Trail is the 4 day and 3 night trekking route to the Inca City of Machu Picchu. Only 500 tickets are available per day. It is recommended to make the reservation 6 months in advance. Tickets go on sale every October for the following year. If you plan to trek from April to August, you should pick your dates in September so that you can buy tickets the day they go on sale. The most popular dates sell out the day they go on sale!
The train tickets that transport visitors to the town of Aguas Calientes (at the foot of Machu Picchu) also have limited availability. It is recommended to book them immediately after getting tickets to Machu Picchu.