BEST Schedule for this unique designed tour; !
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco at 4am in our private van and then wed drive for 3 hours to the trailhead.
- By 7am our chef will cook you a hot breakfast, enjoy your breakfast with the amazing views
- The hike up takes about 1.5 hours along a trail that goes up a desert valley, with full view of glaciers.
- By 9am, We you will arrive to the Rainbow Mountain, enjoy and take pictures of everything
- After summiting, there is an optional extra 45 minute hike to a view of the Red Valley.
- By 11am, Enjoy your lunch which will be prepare by the professional cook.
- By noon, we take our private van to Puno, It takes around 5 hours.
- By 5pm, we should arrive to Puno and the we will drop you at your hotel.
What time of year is the best time to do the Rainbow Mountain trek?
The best season to hike the Rainbow Mountain is the dry season, which is from April to August every year. During Cusco’s dry season it’s less likely to rail and daily sunshine with beautiful weather is the standard. The peak tourism season in Cusco is between the months of May and July, which is due to the weather.
****A horse can be hired for the majority of the trek. However, the last 600m are too steep for horses and you will have to walk this last part.
This Tour can be done by Sam Travel Peru.